Research Output per year
The NIOD Institute for War, Holocaust and Genocide Studies investigates the history of world wars, large-scale violence and genocides, including their long-term impact on society. The institute also manages archives and collections pertaining to the Second World War.
The NIOD Institute’s research covers the 20th and 21st centuries. It focuses on the impact of war, the Holocaust and other genocides on individuals and society.
The NIOD Institute
- collects, stores, analyses and provides access to archives and collections pertaining to the Second World War
- conducts research and publishes research reports
- provides government institutions and private parties with information
supports and organises debates and other activities focusing on war and its underlying processes.
- Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts & Sciences (KNAW), NIOD Institute for War, Holocaust and Genocide studies - Manager Holocaust and Genocide Studies
- Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts & Sciences (KNAW), NIOD Institute for War, Holocaust and Genocide studies
Person: Non-scientific staff
Research output: Working paper/discussion paper › Web article › Popularizing
Cohen, Jaap (Recipient), 2015
Prize: Prize (including medals and awards) › Academic
Activities per year
Marjo Bakker (Editor)
Activity: Publication peer-review and editorial work › Editorial activity › Societal
Einsatzgruppen, politiemannen en de Holocaust in Oost-Europa [Einsatzgruppen, Policemen, and the Holocaust in Eastern Europe]
Karel Berkhoff (Invited speaker)
Activity: Talk or presentation › Societal